Monday, January 19, 2009

Five Days Till Liftoff ...

That's Fred on Mom's lap ... asleep before leaving the driveway!

Last Thursday the team met for the final review of our presentation. DG Cam stopped by and spent some time chit-chatting with the team. He was also patient with us while we worked through some kinks in our presentation. It was nice having another set of eyes, especially since he hadn't heard nor seen it before. He offered some valuable feedback. Over the weekend I merged all pieces together and it seems to have developed a nice flow while still maintaining the unique individuality of each team member.
We also discussed our layover in London and packing strategies. All of us purport to the philosophy of packing light ... but will we translate it into reality??? I'm not holding my breath.
On Sunday Mom and Dad drove down to pick up the boys ... Max and Fred to those of you who don't know them. I miss them terribly. Only a few hours went by before I was calling to check on them. They, however, seem very excited at the prospect of staying with Grandmother Joan and Grandfather Dean. They know the cooking will be LOTS better. It's now been more than 24 hours - I suppose I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment