Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Warm Welcom from Our Hosts - 26 January


Don't we look a sight?!? But our hosts did not care - they welcomed us with fresh flowers, hand shakes and hugs!

The trip from London to Bangalore and then on to Colombo was uneventful. Well, it was uneventful for us but not for Tim's luggage. We're not sure what part of the world his bags saw but they didn't catch up to us for over 28 hours! Tim took it all in stride and really maintained a positive attitude.

Rtn Clarence Siemon and his wife Suranganie had a nice spread of snacks, coffee and tea for us. We enjoyed egg salad sandwiches and fishmeatballs while we got to know our host families. Chris and Lynsey left with their hosts while Ken and I went shopping with Tim and Clarence to find some replacement clothes for Tim. Clarence then delivered me to my host family. Hans and Beverley Svendsen opened their home to me like I was part of the family. Then a hot shower, more snacks, more chatting, a cold 'n tasty Sri Lankan Lion beer, and finally a nice bed and I was out until morning.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    I am enjoying all your adventures. thanks for letting us visit Sri Lanka with you albeit vicariously...Looks great. I expect you to treat us to some interesting cooking, I will be your sous chef..
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete